With the party season slowly approaching, one of the easiest ways to get spruced up for a office party or night out on the town is tying your hair back into a simple updo. Chignons are easy to style, look elegant and work well even with fine hair. Check out Aveda’s tutorial and learn how quickly and easy it is to style a chignon.
- Shampoo, condition and comb Aveda Brilliant Retexturing gel through hair.
- Part hair from ear to ear, creating front and back sections. Gather back section into a low ponytail and secure with elastic.
- Part hair from the left and right side at the parietal ridge and clip them out of your way.
- Comb left side back, wind around the base ponytail. Tuck in ends and secure with a pin.
- Repeat for right side so that both sides are wrapped around the base ponytail.
- Unclip top section. Finger-style fringe to create texture and lift. Twist as you gather the front section into a second ponytail secured just above the first.
- Twist both ponytails together and secure with an elastic. Loop ponytail into a chignon.
- Secure with pins and massage for looseness and texture. Finish with a spritz of Aveda Brilliant Spray-On Shine.