By senior colourist at Luc Espace, Giulia Parrinelli
Any time is a good time for a romantic updo. Softly styled hairstyles are very versatile and can easily bring enchantment to seemingly ordinary events like a dinner party with friends, a movie with your partner or a girls’ night out. Luckily, the options are endless when it comes to playful and flowy updos – and they never fail to appeal and inspire romance.
Looking to get your hair off your neck and up into a cute hairstyle? This slightly tousled, plaited bun can take you from day to night with ease. It gives you that casual, undone feel, which goes hand-in-hand with summer. As elaborate as it may appear, this look can be achieved in only a few minutes and six easy steps.
1. Turn your head upside down and spray the root area with Aveda Air Control to make the hair more malleable. Blow-dry it smooth with Aveda Smooth Infusion Style Prep so you have a good canvas to start on. Section off a triangle from the top of your head to each corner of your forehead and clip that section of hair up.
2. Bring the remaining hair to the left side, plait it to the end and tie with an elastic band.
3. Pull the plait backwards and wrap it around itself in a bun. Secure it with bobby pins.
4. Now go back to the front section, braid it to the end and tie with an elastic band.
5. Hold the end of the braid with your left hand and gently pull the braid apart with your right fingers for a bit of added volume and thickness.
6. Pull the braid to the back and pin it underneath the bun. Pull out random bits of hair for a loose, undone look. Finish off with spritz of Aveda Brilliant Spray-On Shine to add shine, eliminate flyaways and tame frizz.