The up-do is the perfect hairstyle to accentuate your beautiful wedding gown on your big day and a way to make your wedding style chic and elegant. Let our Styling Director, Dario show you how to create a modern upstyle that you can do by yourself by following this easy tutorial. You can scroll down for more detailed instructions.
1. To begin, make sure you freshly shampoo and condition your hair. Start at the top of the head with your pinkie fingers, take a horseshoe-shaped section of hair, the size of the crown. Section off this hair and clip to the top of head. Twist the hair above the tops of your ears, pulling it away from the face. Secure with bobby pins the same colour as your hair.
2. Divide hair from top of the crown to the nape, in two sections. Hold the hair in your hands as you twist it. Bring the two twisted sections together, and pull them up to the crown of your head. Secure hair with hair elastic, making sure the lower neck is kept clean of hair. For extra security, hold hair with a bobby pin as well, hooking the elastic casino online band over the bobby pin. Hold the ends of the hair together again and bring it around to the back of the head. Place a bobby pin to secure the ends of the hair at the nape.
3. Take all the remaining hair at the top of the head, and divide it in two. One half goes forward, and the other half goes backward. Use a Mason Pearson hair brush, and backcomb the back half of hair a little bit, creating a bit of bounce but not making it too obvious.
4. With your hands, place everything as a rolled bow at the back of the crown. Take the front section of hair and brush it through, let it fall gently on top of the head. The goal is to try and cover up the back area, to make it look softer. Ensure hair falls around the head, but is secure at the back, in the rolled bow section.
5. Twist the extra hair down the bottom into a bun in the middle. If there is some hair falling down, don’t worry, it adds interest to the look. You can add extra hair pieces, on the sides above the ears, or even at the back of the head to create extra volume, or the top of the crown.
6. Spray a little bit of Aveda Air Control Hairspray around the whole head. Remove the pins on the side from the second step, and the hair will stay clear of ears ensuring a neat and classy look.